I know this will vary wildly, being so child and circumstance specific, but I'm looking for advice on how old is old enough for DC to get a substantive vote on how they are schooled. We have both DC in a private school that should be working out, but really isn't. I'm weighing a school change, hiring a tutor(s) to homeschool, and increasing my advocacy at the present school. There are pros & cons to all of those choices and those pros & cons are different for each child. I haven't reached a decision, myself, about the best option, which adds to the murk. I don't want to offload the ultimate decision onto DC. I am the adult and it's my job to determine the best viable option in all of the circumstances. I do, though, value their input and recognize that they are the ones most directly affected by this decision. So how much input is too much? At some stage do I present the options acceptable to me and let them make the call? Or is that putting too much pressure on them, regardless of age?