Thanks, aeh.

I laughed at the 11.7. We keep getting that number for this kid since before he started kindergarten - never valid, but certainly a recurring level.

So looking at that table more closely, an 838 (his minimum score) is found at the 54th percentile for 10th grade. Does that mean that the 838 number is meaningless as a standalone measure? A 10th grader starts taking the test at the 10th grade level, so is not limited to a 7th grade level of math.

I'm missing something basic. No bother - I'll ask for a retest. Sigh.

Originally Posted by aeh
Is there any reason to believe his scores would be an obstacle to compacted 7/8 math, at the moment?

The district is very anti-their-own-7/8 course, and do everything they can to limit enrollment in the program. His performance is rather uneven - not for lack of understanding but for lousy test format: it's the online Pearson digits curriculum that the teacher prints out as paper and pencil test - with computer formatting preserved. An 8 year old with a suspected writing disability and increasing attention issues isn't going to perform well there. I see zero problems with his comprehension. I know from experience that he will need to have a rock-solid case built up this year to make next year happen.

Last edited by geofizz; 10/09/14 08:37 AM. Reason: missing words. DS isn't the only one with attention issues