That's helpful to know. I'm not sure exactly when she last took the test, but it was in the spring. So it was probably within 6 months, but maybe not. As I said before, she scored higher on it at the beginning of the last school year, so I think she must have just been distracted or rushing. I'm feeling really frustrated with them for an assortment of issues, including this one. At least she still enjoys the reading work most of the time; the math is a larger problem as she just draws all over the worksheets because she says they are too boring to face. She has been doing mastery tests for over a month now just to show she is capable of starting where she left off last spring and seems to have just had enough at this point. I think they make all of the kids start at the same point regardless of where they left off, so she had to start off showing she could add when she left off last spring getting ready for algebra. She's supposed to be working through fractions now, but is doing art instead. I'm trying to get a meeting scheduled and this information on the STAR will be helpful (for one thing, it sounds like the math version won't even show the right level).

Considering they made her restart at the beginning for math, I wonder if they deliberately reset the STAR to start at grade level?

Last edited by apm221; 09/20/14 05:53 PM.