There was a recent thread about a six year old unhappy about other kids killing insects. My daughter has always been sensitive about that, but we have run into a situation that needs to be addressed.

Another child is deliberately harassing my daughter by killing insects at recess, or inciting others to do it, specifically because be knows it upsets my nine year old DD so much. She guarded a spider for the entire recess period this week only to have him step on it when she had to line up to go in.

I think this constitutes bullying, but the only response we're getting from the school is that he's doing it for attention and she needs to ignore him (she has talked with her teacher about it daily and I have talked with the teacher once).

I'd like to know if others think this constitutes bullying; maybe they would take it more seriously if I sent a formal letter using that sort of language. My DD is begging not to go to school as a result (for anyone who came across my other thread, yes, we are having both kids dealing with things at the same time).

Last edited by apm221; 09/23/14 08:31 PM.