I hear a lot of emotions in your desperate search and I very much sympathize. I don't believe the school does teach 2 years ahead, if you and your daughter didn't see it, then it's just not true. That's some phrase they throw around becasue they've heard that from incoming parents, I'm guessing. It just doesn't make sense anyway, unless they only admit 95th percentile+ kids.
As far as private school goes, I know I'll be in that same position one day, wondering if there is something out there that can match our DS's needs. But just as Master of None said, there is usually a ceiling, the principal that gave you the tour has no idea how advanced your daughter is. The money you will be spending now could be funds for college, which may be much sooner than you plan. I don't know which one needs more attention, now or later, but it's just a thought. We recently heard about a private school that supposedly has advanced children and I started justifying how we could afford it, but I have two kids and my oldest DS is likely to enter college in his teens so this money is precious.
I'm so sorry that your daughter is unhappy at school, it's heartbreaking. I hope you and your DH have had time to talk about all of this and already feel better about whichever decision you make.

Last edited by GGG; 09/23/14 05:17 PM.