I think there are some huge red flags that it's not going to work out the way you hope, but it may (or may not) work better than the public school. I would go in and ask to see the actual textbooks and compare to what she is already doing. Look up the math textbook online and find out what grade level it is listed as. Ask if she can "test out" of certain levels of math if she does well on their computerized assessment. Try to figure out how much of an improvement this would actually be (if any) and if it's worth the money. I think flexibility is key. If she ends up having unusual scores, would be be willing to adjust the curriculum or not? And would it depend on the teacher and the teacher's personal feelings? What happens next year if this teacher is good but the next one is not on board with the plan? That's what I'm wondering about DS right now (in public)...First teacher was mediocre but at least could see he was gifted and tried to give him enriched work. Second teacher was awful. Third teacher bent over backwards and said that he would never do any work that was meaningless for him. She worked with him one-on-one each day and gave him work that was actually a little too advanced at times. Current teacher seems to be really trying to figure out his level and is not making him sit thru all lectures. She is listening to my input. Next year....who knows????? So even if the administration is willing to be flexible, which is huge, in such a small school it also depends on the attitudes of the teachers. I would go in and talk to the teacher she would have next year as well, before making any decisions.