ah great thanks for the docos - we can't get Netflix without a great deal more tech savvy than I have (maybe an incentive to learn?)

Religion is more of an afterthought - I'm not sure I want to go there at all - just musing as to whether it would be the "right" time to introduce the concept. I don't think I would get too much of a debate from her, she's a bit too dispassionate for that, quite happy to let you win if it means she gets left in peace!

I have no issue with what other people believe, it's such a personal thing and I don't think anyone has any business imposing their own ideas on to anyone so I'm not going to debate the compatibility of science and religion. I like to think that despite what I might think is true, I'm not arrogant enough to believe I know everything!

We live in a very secular town so it really wouldn't come up except for the media - maybe at school, maybe much later...

DD4 asked - what was the earth like the day before anyone was alive - I asked people, she said no, everything. She asked the same question in 10 different ways today. Including where were the rhinos before they existed....

I'm really grateful for the suggestions, the stuff I found on youtube was appalling