I would agree with ZS. You've mentioned that she's ahead in both, so it's not like she would be in over her head in math. LA is much easier to support, as long as there aren't a lot of specific curricular elements that need to be included. In K, the writing expectations are negligible, so that may be an advantage, since her reading/decoding and comprehension will most likely be advanced without commensurately difficult writing. In a first grade LA placement, not only will the comprehension and expression expectations be higher, but the fine motor expectations will be also. In 2nd grade, one of mine had ELA differentiated on the initiative of the teacher, using much higher reading level materials, and teacher-made comprehension activities, which worked out well, since they were not beyond the fine motor and written organizational skills then available, but were more suited to the reading and comprehension skills. This same teacher was completely unable to adapt to math instructional needs--a reflection, I think, of her own relative strengths and weaknesses. At the time, we were asking for differentiation in math, but not in reading, figuring that enough stimulation was naturally occurring in reading, in the form of self-selected leisure reading.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...