More update on my update...

Last night was back to school night. Chemistry teacher is VERY disorganized, sigh. And my DS has decided to HATE the English teacher. She seemed nice last night but is 7 months pregnant and will be out for a little while for maternity. I'm suspecting that might be good. DS had a meltdown about a writing assignment a few days ago, was cajoled into getting help from her today and ended up disrespecting her. He feels she is talking "down" to him and not giving him useful advice. I think part of the issue is she doesn't have the whole story at this point.

I finally got the psyc report into school (it's only week two) and I got a call back from the counselor that the psychologist has looked it over already. We are going to schedule the second SST in the next two weeks, and we will discuss and IEP or 504 at that meeting. The counselor seems optimistic that we could get some accommodations.

I put an add out looking for a tutor through a university English department yesterday, and I have 7 graduate students who have responded. Not entirely sure how I'm going to narrow it down, I'm impressed how the three I've done a phone interview with so far all seem excellent. Seem to understand what I'm looking for, I guess I'm going to need to narrow it down and have a few of them meet with my son.

Last edited by bluemagic; 09/18/14 07:47 PM.