Originally Posted by polarbear
When I was a student there was only one "AP Calculus" course, which from what I can tell is equivalent to what is tested on "Calculus BC". There was only one physics course, "AP Physics", which was one semester of calculus-based mechanics and one semester of calculus-based e&m. I took a physics course prior to AP Physics (non-calculus-based), but it wasn't really necessary and I can't quite really grasp how you turn non-calculus-based physics into a college-level course - the only people I can think of who would take it are… well I can't think of any! If you're a person who is interested in the sciences, your college curriculum would require physics with a calculus base, and if you're not interested in the sciences… are you really going to sign up to take a physics course? Please know I'm not knocking physics here - I'm a physicist lol!
Well now I know you are probably older than I am, unless your school just didn't offer the options and you didn't know. wink When I was in high school we had the AB vs. BC Calculus options. And I ended up taking neither, graduated a year early and still skipped the first quarter of Calculus because my "pre calculus class" was really a semester of trigonometry and a semester of beginning calculus. I took a the non Calculus bases Physics AP course, what was supposed to be my junior year. I didn't take very many AP's... I just skipped a year of H.S.