lol, Master of None smile

I despise confrontation and until some really awfull things happened at school for my son, I avoided meetings with the school. Now, while I still hate confrontation, I am proactive in trying to head off problems before they reach critical mass.

I think you should have the meeting with the school and perhaps present your thoughts in a this is what we experienced last year. These are things we would like to see happen this year. How can we work together to make this happen.

Make a list of the concerns you have from last year as well as a wish list of things you would like to see for the next term. Try to prioritize them and make the top items your biggest concerns.

Talking about the emotional impact of your concerns on your child sometimes works better than a whole lot of empirical data (although the data helps too). If you have private test results have them with you. If possible see if the Psych will attend the meeting with you as well.

Personally, I've had decent results using the let's work together approach before the problems get out of hand than trying to get academic changes when the school only sees behavior issues.

Good luck and keep us posted smile