I have a DS2...well, he'll turn into DS3 next week. He's advanced. Very much so, both in language/reading and logic/math.

I just wanted to say that about 6 months ago, I went through the same process you are now. Questioning myself, trying to find any charts/statistics/anecdotal evidence that would help me quantify him. And I was able to assure myself that I wasn't crazy, or overly biased (as much as any first time mom can be unbiased). And that made me feel calmer.

Now that a sort of general acceptance has settled over me and my DH regarding our son, I don't feel as neurotic about it. For me it was a bit like the stages of grief....call it stages of GT acceptance:

1) Amazement / Disbelief
2) Worry / Anxiety
3) Planning (for me this meant trying to rearrange the future picture in my brain regarding school since we are going to be making some fairly big life changes before school begins)
4) Acceptance / Normalcy

If last 2 years have been any indication, DS is never going to be a typical kid. And I have gotten a lot better at dealing with that...mostly dealing with friends, family and strangers who comment on it.

I have recently decided to just stop worrying/planning/thinking down the road and just enjoy him now. He's an amazing creature and although he reads like an elementary school kid and like to count to 1000, he still refused to eat his breakfast this morning and broke down because his eggs were on the wrong plate. So, yeah. He's still a toddler and I don't want to miss a single minute of that roller coaster ride. smile