Thank you all for responding! I will definitely be asking for IQ and achievement testing for his IEP reevaluation. I looked into doing it privately and it runs $1500 which I just can't pull off right now, and I'm hoping I won't have to if they achieve some accurate results with him. I know they use the SAGES 2 to identify kids K-8, I wonder if that is what they will use and what info I can gain from that.
Right now my biggest problem is that everyone around him at school looks at him through a lens of disability instead of ability, if that makes sense. His older brother DS10 went through the same school and has ASD with limited expressive language, so anything DS4 does seems to be framed by that. I don't deny that DS4 has low tone and can't write or draw, but I also see him doing the "I will limit myself verbally and censor my thoughts to fit in at school" thing.
So my hope was that if they saw him reading it might stimulate the thought that maybe this kid isn't playing with kids in preschool and only wants to converse with the aides because he sees them as babies (which he tells me). But the teacher threw the "things even out with reading around third grade" idea the other day so I was wondering what that was based on, so thank you it makes much more sense - those who use that are talking about the behavior of being able to read, not the underlying comprehension and ability to work with text.
So any advice on what to do with a kid who behaves totally differently at home than at school? The CST and teacher explain it as sensory related, thoughts?