Originally Posted by KJP
Can you share the specifics from the test last year?

Testing last year was done by an ed psych. There was a RIAS IQ and a bunch of other tests as my bigger concern before was dyslexia, so a ton of phonological tests. Sorry I'm not sure what would be helpful?

RIAS verbal 143
Non verbal 118 (officially the number, but ed psych thinks it may be higher because he started not paying much attention and answered the ones wrong to stop the test officially. She continued informally testing after that and he still got a lot right but put the official number as above)
Composite 135
Composite memory 115

Also tested were WJ-III COG cluster, ACH cluster, CTOPP-2, PAT2, Beery VMI.

I'm not sure what would be helpful? The achievement scores are all mostly average or high average. At the time I asked if there's a possibility of just high verbal knowledge and a false + with giftedness. She said she didn't think so but IDK, a lot of the scores report as average or high average for achievement results.

I mean, I feel he's smart and we have good conversations, he talks and understands and communicate what I feel are pretty big things for his age (but DH and I discuss adult topics with the kids too).

We used Vanderbilt for ADHD screen and teacher's was negative. I asked regarding dysgraphia but honestly IDK if she could test for it or not.

Last edited by Displaced; 09/01/14 02:33 AM.

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.