I think it's totally possible to be socially adept at dealing at others at their level while embracing your own LOG. DD11 is extremely social and very good at getting along with people and adjusting her presentation to make them comfortable. She's also taking her first high school level classes and is pretty comfortable with that too (nervous, because it finally might be hard, but not uncomfortable). If the latter weren't true, I'd be much more concerned.

In the past, when she was not adequately challenged, she did have the tendency to dumb herself down to be liked, which we found detrimental to her sense of self. Although that could also be due to age and increasing maturity over time.

The fact that she doesn't present as highly gifted as she actually is in social situations is a good thing IMHO. It means she has friends and that teachers (those who know how smart she is) see her as well-adjusted. Ironic that her ability to fit in and "act her age" should reassure her instructors, but it's their opinions that keep her in classes far above grade range. If she came off as a tiny "Poindexter" stereotype who alienated other kids her age and annoyed the teens in her class, they would not be as accepting of her. However because she reads as "normal, a little goofy, kind of cool" the older kids tolerate her pretty well and her friends (who are 1-2 years older on average) aren't put off. The teacher are happy to have her in class most of the time.

I also have to point out that she is highly and very skillfully manipulative. After calling her on attempting to manipulate us, we now focus on "using her powers for good" as master of none already mentioned. Teacher feedback frequently mention her as a leader in class.