I have a question and maybe some other parents have experience with this?? I have a daughter that scores in the HG+ to PG range (WISC-IV and SB-5) and has very high achievement and very good executive functioning and is a social butterfly. She is 8 and has always had lots of friends, is very socially astute and has always been one of the most popular girls in her class. The problem is that she is an expert at gauging emotional reactions of others so she often hides her intelligence. For instance she has articulated to me on several occasions that she has to change her vocabulary drastically when talking to her friends because they will think she is weird if she does not. Even though she does very well at school and has excellent grades her teachers are always shocked when they see her scores. One of her teachers even remarked on her being to like-able to be that gifted (which was ridiculous), stating that she was not "prickly" enough. So 1) How do you encourage your children to not hide their gifts? and 2) combat ridiculous stereotypes that gifted children are socially awkward?