Indigo says : The previous post mentions the child forgetting things immediately after being told, and losing homework... these behaviors are problematic and do not serve the child well. If a school understands there is a brain based reason for the problematic behaviors, they may begin to coach the child in learning and practicing specific techniques to compensate, and grow necessary skills.

This is what we want – skills for our DD!! I just wasn’t sure when to present the info to the teacher and then find out she is biased against DD because of a label. Master of None mentioned having her old teacher who knew her talk to the current teacher. I think that’s a great idea because last year’s very sweet and supportive teacher was very aware of DD’s gifts and quirkiness!! I will still hold off awhile and let the new teacher get to know my daughter for awhile.
Yuck. I get to be “that parent” this year though. We, along with the psychologist, will really be pushing for more educational accommodations for DD AND dealing with the 2E aspect for the first time. DD is so unhappy at this school – we either need to fix it or find a better school.
I will be checking out these Wrightslaw trainings. I've been on their website.