I don't know when school starts, but if you have time, visit the STEAM school and see what you think. If sounds like she has some talent/interest in that area (math, etc). If we had that here I would probably jump at the chance. If you don't have time I would have her start, be as cheery about it as possible, and see if she turns her attitude around. See how it goes. Ask her how school is going but try not to make the questions leading like "So was school boring today?" Sometimes I wonder if DS is saying what he thinks he should say (based on overhearing conversations I've had or whatever--it drives me nuts that he's always right there or nearby when I need to talk about him to psychologists, teachers, other parents etc.) You can still visit the STEAM school even if there is not time to switch before school starts (probably talk to them on your own at first). If you think you are going to switch try to do it as early as you can, without rushing a decision. My big regret with DS last year was that I waited til around Feb. to take him out and transfer, and by then he was making more friends in his class (he did have his best friend already). I kept waiting and waiting for his teacher to do the things she had told me in an IEP meeting that she was going to do, they never happened, but she strung us along. It's not easy to know when or if to switch, since you don't know how exactly things will go until she is there and time has passed. I would give the regular school/new teacher a chance, though, before homeschooling, unless the STEAM school looks like it clearly is a better match.