Update: This summer, we had a conversation about exercise/play opportunities and school. DD is high-energy, so this has long been a problem for her. DD9 expressed the complaint that her friends don't want to DO anything at recess, just walk around. I suggested that maybe she should try playing with the boys.

School has just started, and DD9 has taken up basketball at recess. There's just one other girl who plays. She declared, "THE BOYS ARE MORE FUN!"

Also, DD9 reports her sedentary girl friend wants to be able to make it across the monkey bars, but isn't strong enough. DD went all motivational speaker on her (it was really goofy, and can't be expressed properly without visuals), and yesterday DD spent half the recess playing basketball, and the other inventing a fitness regimen the two did together.

I did nickname her "Daddy's little personal trainer," after all, so I guess she's adding clientele. I still haven't lost her services, because it was just a couple of days ago that she complained at me while we were playing a new ball game because I wasn't moving around enough.