My dd8 definitely has more good boy-type friends than girls who are friends. This might be related to her insistence on wearing only boy clothes most of the time since she was about 3; she wants to be seen as 'cool', that is part of it. At the age of 2 she was not into dolls too much, but had a matchbox car in each hand at virtually all times.
But really, she just seems to get along with the boys better. Sometimes her friends will try to explain why they like her, and I've heard a lot of 'she's just crazy! and fun!!'.
I get similar responses from her when asking about them.

Her nearby cousins are all girls so that helps lend a semblance of balance.
Just had to have another conversation with dd about why boys don't come over for sleep overs with girls, lol.

I guess it would boil down to personality: she wants to do more rough-house activities, "boy" stuff.
My ds otoh has not usually been drawn to these sorts of things and has had a hard time finding guy friends who aren't into constant wrestling/rough housing. A bit of this is ok with him, but then he wants to go do other things.

Uppervalley - interesting question; it seems like here on this forum it is ok to admit that my ds prefers drawing to rough housing, and my dd prefers crushing sandcastles to building them, but not sure how open I would be about that at a regular mom's coffee, for example.

Last edited by chris1234; 07/09/14 04:11 AM. Reason: i knew that word looked funny.