He does have ADHD, combined type. He is not medicated and we have found that as long as he is challenged he does extremely well. He has his moments but 99% of the time he just needs to be fully engaged with a challenge. He actually has an extremely high processing speed which is really backwards for an ADHD kid. He had several areas that were listed as superior but the majority of the WISC IV had him rated as above average. His psychologist agrees that he is most likely highly gifted but due to all of the issues at his past school in combination with absolutely zero sleep the night before the test may have negatively impacted the actual test results. We treat him as if he is gifted with the opportunities that he needs individually, regardless of the WISC results. That is one of the main reasons the psychologist recommended the KTEA.

On the verbal portion of the WISC he scored around a 110 I believe, but I would have to pull his scores out to verify. The psych did say straight out that the CogAT should never be used for him due to his ADHD with a test that he finds completely non-engaging. DS9's words after the CogAT were "That was the most useless test ever".

For the IEP, he will require a GIEP in order to go to the HS for his math courses. It was agreed that he will need, at a minimum, Honors Humanities courses as well.

My DS13, which I also have a thread about, is the one that truly has severe difficulties with a still undiagnosed LD.

I think the psychologist wanted to start with the KTEA before doing further testing but I really have no idea what that will show exactly. I did see an example for it with math up to Algebra and DS9 will be able to easily answer up to what I saw.

Just as an extra, our psychologist is one of the ones that Seabury in Tacoma, WA refers their applicants to. The vast majority of his patients consist of gifted and 2E which is why we selected him. Thank goodness our insurance is paying for it!