Originally Posted by jaggirl47
His principal (in district) said he needs to learn how to be bored in school because school is boring and the school and district refused to advance him or give him challenging work.
!!!

I can't remember off-hand what you've said already about his profile, but I would consider further evaluation to look for 2e. Your existing data sounds like the numbers were Superior cognition, but not quite gifted, but achievement is three years advanced for grade/age. That suggests that he may actually be gifted, but with some focal deficits (i.e., LD). You mention that he was advanced in the verbal portion, which sounds like his performance on the other areas were noticeably different/lower, which would be consistent with an LD. I see there is also mention of needing an IEP. Are you talking about a classical special education IEP, for a disability, or a GIEP, for gifted services? If the former, then there must be an identified disability which one may be able to cite as explaining the depressed FSIQ. Also, presumably there would be accommodations, which might have implications for the use of the CogAT.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...