Well, I most certainly do see the two weeks as a success, not a failure! We have consulted our family psychologist who has know him since he was 5 and was the first to identify him as PG. And, he will follow up with him and figure out the best way to frame this for his own growth.

It is hard when you have the mind of a college student/graduate student in the body of young teen! We do the best we can.

He spent a week at my sisters house with his cousins this past winter break, flew by himself, and did great! Also, he petitioned heavily to attend boarding school this coming year! We visited 3 schools and he was accepted to all 3. We actually have been putting off a decision because my husband is changing jobs, and, we wanted to see how this experience went : )

I didn't mean to imply that "that is it," he is home until he is married! Just that the ideal (or the norm) of independence isn't cutting the cord at 18 and that is that.

I do appreciate this forum! I also appreciate my intelligent, intense, quirky, unique, son! Got home last night, cutting my travels by 4 days, and we all had a great night, and it is nice to fall back into our rhythm. I love our family.