Hi... I'm still new so still learning my way around so sorry if I say something wrong or something...

My first thought would be: how sure are you that she isn't going to cope with that material..? I'm not in the US or UK and was never identified as "gifted", but I read way ahead. A lot of the more mature content went over my head to start, and later when it stopped going over my head, yes I was uncomfortable, because I'm still a "sensitive viewer" type person with very good visualisation skills/overactive imagination, but when a matric/12th grade teacher handed me the matric set work in grade 8/9, I'd already been exposed to most of the "mature" content a few times.

No, it's not the same - there's a big gap between 14 and 11, I get that... but if she's been reading ahead of her age for a while, she may have already come up against some of the topics they're going to cover?

I'd maybe just try check in with her first and get her to weigh in how comfortable she really is vs how much she really wants to do that class - the great thing is that class will still be there in a year or two, and while you can always push something out a little, you can't take it back once it's done.

Not an easy situation frown Hope you find a good middle ground!

“...million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”
-Terry Pratchett