I debated what to title this when I started to post it. I think I decided on social skills because I do believe it is a matter of her not appropriately reacting to social situations or being assertive enough to stand up for herself in social situations. She is most definitely asynchronous when it comes to her social maturity level.

Originally Posted by ConnectingDots
The teeth and growling thing is a bit more unusual, what does she say when asked about it?

I think this is sometimes just her way of saying "leave me alone". She does it to us (DH and I) and I've seen her do it to peers also. She usually does it when DH or I are giving her some instruction or maybe just telling her something she doesn't want to hear. I think it is pretty much the same with peers. The times I've seen it was when another child was telling her what to do. She doesn't do it in a threatening way, but more of a silly, joking way. I've seen some kids just sort of play along with her, but others have really looked at her like she is from another planet.

Dude and Blackcat - I think what I want to see is her standing up for herself in these types of situations. When we were going over the things she could have done differently I did mention she could have told the coach, but I would much rather she deal with it herself. I don't want her to end up being a "tattle-tale" or her running to tell the coach make her situation with the other girls worse.