There was a post on an earlier thread
http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....GY_Open_Enrollment_Group.html#Post171467
Originally Posted by Pi22
It now appears you can sign up for EPGY Open Enrollment on your own...

I emailed EPGY yesterday about the Open Enrollment Program because it looked like they made some changes to the online enrollment page, now allowing anyone to create a group with no minimum number of students. I just got an email back confirming there is no longer a minimum number of students required for Open Enrollment, so anyone can start a 'group', even for his or her own child. Here is the exact wording I received from EPGY:

"Yes, we recently changed our policy removing the minimum number of members requirement for starting an Open Enrollment group. Anyone can start a group just for their own child or children, if they want."

Hopefully this will make the program more accessible to people.
And at
http://epgy.stanford.edu/for-parents/epgy-open-enrollment/register
you can click on "Create New Group", though the question is, does this make you into an SSA. I'll try to find out.
----------------------------------------------------------------
It's a pity people didn't like the "Language Arts and Writing" part, as that makes the whole package less attractive. Also is the "Reading and Writing about Literature" (that is available in the more expensive "Instructed Courses") not contained in the cheaper EPGY OE? Not being a full ELA package is also a problem.

DS8 definitely needs a solid Algebra 1 course, (but not prealgebra) so my thinking was he'd at least get one math course out of EPGY OE (and he could have a quick whiz through grade 7, maybe 6, as a quick skills check) so he'd get some value out of the package, more so if the ELA was worthwhile. For math, AoPS is definitely his main place for the next several years starting now, so maybe EPGY is redundant.

We do not school our kids pre K at all, so DD5 will be starting her first schooling. She likes using the computer, and with K being a kind of warm up year, I was thinking she could play around with EPGY OE, and get an idea of her level, and hopefully learn something.

On balance, it still looks like an okay option, but it seems I also need to look into other things as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'll ask about this one in the linked thread.
Originally Posted by Portia