We use EPGY for both LA and Math - the content is same for both Open Enrollment and the Gifted program - only, there is a Stanford tutor available on the phone in the Gifted program if the child needs handholding. In our case, we are perfectly capable of teaching our child, hence opted for the OE program. There is a brief introduction of the topic, then there are lessons (a software backend that tracks your child's mistakes and pops up questions related to that sub-topic often enough until mastery has been reached). Progress depends on the child's abilities. There is a method by which you can go back to a topic later on and review it, but it is not user friendly.
My child finished the whole elementary level math program in 1.5 years while using EPGY sporadically (he is 6 years old now) - this is after spending time for regular school homework, using Dreambox (which gets more points from me than EPGY!), working on Singapore math/Zaccaro/Beast Academy for after schooling etc - I am pointing this out because the EPGY lessons were short and not overly challenging for my DS in the elementary level. Zaccaro and CWP from Singapore Math were more fun for him in many cases. So, I consider EPGY as a supplement and not a whole curriculum.
We have not yet moved to the Algebra portion of EPGY because I want to wait until they introduce the new platform for the UI this year as the current platform is not easy to work with.

The LA was not very interesting and the UI was clunky and irritating. DS had to drag and drop words into a box to form legitimate sentences and his mouse skills are pretty good and he still wanted me to help dragging words because the UI was not very smooth. They say that they are working on better interfaces for this year.

EPGY OE is cheap compared to CTY and AOPS. But, investigate the AOPS options further before you decide upon EPGY.
And EPGY is a single user program and it keeps track of a single student and "customizes" questions based on that students previous scores.

Last edited by ashley; 06/28/14 10:41 PM. Reason: typos