Originally Posted by KathrynH
But somehow he taught himself how to read at 2, & has a fascination with numbers that borders on obsession. I've tried to gently encourage imaginative play in our day to day life, but he rarely seems interested. Often he just looks at me like I'm crazy!

he's much more interested in his Magnatiles, gears set, card games, or counting holes in the dehumidifier and creating addition problems about it.

Perhaps it's just personality. Maybe he's just not the kind of kid who's ever going to get down on all fours and bark like a dog.

I have one of those, and I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that you're right. He's never going to do that, and if he has a sister in the future who does, he's going to think she's crazy, too. smile

I don't know how important imagination may be, but I do know that some people don't have it, and they do ok. Or, more accurately, they don't have a conventional imagination, which sounds like an oxymoron but isn't. Some people's imagination is channeled into numbers and engineering, while others pretend to be dogs. I have one of each. smile