Hi, this does not relate to education, but to a community setting. I'm not sure of where to go with the issue and was hoping a mom here might have a suggestion.

We live in PA and went to a state park today to swim. I had to pay for my sons therapist to enter with us and that didn't feel right to me. She is there to help with behavior so that he can actually participate in a community outing. She didn't swim and was being paid by the state to be with us. I feel like I was charged extra because of my sons disability. If I have to pay extra to allow my disabled son to enjoy the same things that other kids can enjoy at a state park, isn't that discrimination for his disability?

It was only 8 bucks and we could have managed without the TSS, but that is us. What if that were a barrier to another family with a more extreme need and/or more dire financial situation? Lots of private venues we visit allow aides in for free and I was pretty shocked that a state run park made me pay for her to to enter with us.

Any thoughts? Am I wrong? Is there a place to report the issue to? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks.