Originally Posted by Galaxy Girl
Diana, does your daughter still gasp for breath while talking?If I come across any other exercises I will post or PM to you.

Yes, somewhat. I think I am so used to her speech that I don�t notice it as much as others may although nobody has ever brought to my attention (other than the U. team). She has a lot of confidence in public speaking. When she has a script (for speech competition or when acting in a play) she memorizes her lines easily and delivers them loud and articulately. When she is expressing HERSELF verbally, she uses fillers such as �like�, �uhm� and �you know�. I had always thought it was just a bad habit, not a condition.

I am a fast talker myself (although articulate like Willa). I sometimes find it harder to concentrate when people talk too slowly (slightly slower than average rate)- it annoys me. I actually prefer some of the above, as long as the rate is fast enough. I always assumed it was because I was from the north.

I will pay more attention to her speech over the next week. It is very interesting that phonological perception is also related to cluttering. Thanks for sharing.

diana