My advice about ADHD is to wait til he is in first grade and the year gets underway. Ask if you can go into volunteer or at least observe. Then watch him and compare to the rest of the class. DS's last first grade teacher rated him actually above average for focus/attention. Then we switched schools/teachers. The teacher expresseed concern about "focus" but in a very off-hand manner. If I had let it drop, she would have let it drop. But I told her I want to come in. When I went in I could see immediately what she meant, and I don't see the same behavior at home. He looked like a space cadet. We are doing a trial of meds and it seems to be helping a lot. In one day he went from being on task 49 percent of the time (the school psych observed him during math) to being exactly like the other kids.
So what I'm saying is that if you have concerns, don't rely on the teachers to tell you. It was the same with DD. I really had to push the issue, go in and watch, etc. The teachers would talk about focus issues but acted like it wasn't that big of a deal and they didn't know if it was out of the norm or not. They don't want to come right out directly and tell you (because they are not allowed to). When I tutored in a school last year I worked with some kids who obviously had ADHD. I would express my concerns to the teachers and they would agree there are issues but never really wanted to talk about it, and they didn't talk to the parents unless it was very severe and the kid was disruptive.
That being said, it is very hard to figure out in kids that young because they are all kind of unfocused. That's why it makes sense to wait til he's 6 or 6.5, at least.