Thanks for all your advice. I seriously doubt the school will bring in a psychologist to observe but I am bringing it up at the meeting Friday.

Current diagnosis is sub threshold ADHD. He has the heightened senses (including smell) and IMO is close to having Aspergers. He can read expressions and non-verbal communication (especially in adults) and does make eye contact well. He also doesn't fixate on one particular thing but he does fixate on a variety of interests.

Strangely, he apparently has not one, but THREE girlfriends! How is it that he is socially thriving at romance? He is bringing home love notes and gifts (again). So he has some social skills, lol.

He often says, "you don't get it". He sees himself as an adult and often ridgedly applies rules. He is instructed to not interrupt, and if someone interrupts him he is livid. The issue is he can make a two minute conversation into a ten minute conversation. He will often ask, "Are you listening? Did you hear me?" Especially when in the car and he can't see your face. I think his ridge approach to social rules is the problem. He has been trained to be polite, share, say hello, etc. Wheb he is nice to a child and they don't respond, or a child is rude back he doesn't know what to do. They have violated the rules.

We have no social skills groups in this area. Nearest Metro area is an hour and a half away. There is no way we can commute for these types of therapies. I'm looking into a homeschool group to connect too. I'd like to see if we can connect especially over the summer. My husband does not want me to homeschool so all we have is connecting over community activities.

I'm doing what I can and I'm going to market some pretty strong arguments Friday. It probably won't be pretty.