Today my son was sent to the principal because he told a boy he was going to cut his forehead off. (Sigh)

I have tried to tell the staff that our son says this stuff to try to be funny. He has a hard time communicating with same age peers. He doesn't know what to say to be funny that appropriate. Apparently he smiles at the teacher and she thinks he is being a smart you know what.

Our son does have those issues where his communication is quite a bit elevated from children his age. He isn't trying to be mean, he is trying to say something funny that is "age appropriate". He doesn't realize that making noises etc and pestering the other kids is making them mad. And apparently this is all happening during class time. He told me the particular incident happened after completing their book and he had his work already done. I think he is partially bored and filling his time with unconstructive activities.

He just asked me if I knew what it meant to "be left out". He said that he is left out and has no friends. I think the teacher spends her time trying to correct a behavior that is his way of trying to make friends and be funny.

I feel like no one understands my child.