greenlotus, our ds had a relatively low working memory score when he was first tested by a neuropsych at 8 years old (I don't remember the exact # or which subtest was low, but I remember being surprised by it (he'd ceilinged other subtests under VCI and PRI), but our neuropsych said that working memory is the one are of the WISC that she sees scores increase on as children age, and she also wasn't worried about it at all (and she did have other concerns - processing speed - so she wasn't just brushing us off :D). Anyway, when our ds was tested again 3 years later for an updated neuropsych eval, his WM scores actually did go up considerably, and working memory has never been an issue for him at school.

I'm guessing Case21 are your state's standardized tests? Has your dd taken more than one year of them, or was this her first test? One of my dds took her first set of state testing last year and scored low enough to qualify for remedial work across all subjects ... nothing at all like what she scores on classroom tests and WJ-III etc. She just took her second round of state testing again recently, and from what I heard, she raced through the tests quickly. She does this with homework too and makes careless mistakes, so I suspect that might be the issue for her. Another thing that tripped up my ds once on a standardized test administered at school where he had to copy his answers onto a bubble sheet - he filled in one bubble on the wrong line accidentally and then just followed line by line for all the rest of his bubbles -making almost all of his answers incorrect.
I suspect it's some small something - try not to worry over it. And absolutely insist that the school consider *all* of your dd's testing result when considering gifted placement/acceleration etc. Their printed policy might not say it's what is accepted, but you can advocate successfully with the strong data you have.

Best wishes,

polarbear