Well, there is some good news here. It's great that the principal seems open. What was the purpose of the meeting? What types of issues is your DD having with school? Were you thinking acceleration? Is the Case 21 sort of a state standards test? I'm not familiar with it. I wouldn't put a great amount of stock in a test taken on one day, especially if it goes against all other evidence of what your DD knows/can do. The principal must have thought something was off too, based on her questioning. Are there other Case 21 tests she has taken in the past for comparison?

I think the Brainology thing could be interesting. I believe that is a program based on Carol Dweck's Mindset research. I haven't heard any reviews of it, though.

We had our DS take the WJ achievement test at the school when he was in kindergarten. It really helped get him accelerated, mostly because the school was familiar with that test, versus the IQ test we had done privately.

If acceleration, subject or full grade, is a goal, I would recommend asking the school to fill out the Iowa Acceleration Scales, a very objective checklist to determine whether kids are good skip candidates. It covers many different areas, not just testing.