Originally Posted by howdy
I'm not sure from your post what the teachers mean by "immaturity?" Did they give you examples? Maybe they have some valid concerns?

I wonder is her behavior better in K, or in groups with 1st or 2nd graders?

I see no issue with her running around with the boys-- I don't see that as immature, maybe she'd prefer to do that than the things the girls are doing?

I know I only posted questions and not answers, but I hope that thinking about those may help.

Thank you for your input howdy. I believe the behavior is similar in K and 1st. Not sure about 2nd but I think she is okay in there; I have not talk to the 2nd grade teacher. I'm not sure if appropriate work will help settle some of these behaviors but I have a feeling not. She is an intense little girl.
Good to hear your thoughts regarding the running around with the boys thing. I was under the impression that gifted kids usually crave intellectual connections and conversations. I think she tries with the girls but no one really responds to her. I sometimes see age peer girls staring and gaping at her with their mouths open when she is talking and they do not respond back. They don't like playing with her as much as the other girls. She doesn't use terribly advanced vocabulary with them so I don't understand why they think she is different. But again I am only seeing the interactions on the playground after I pick her up. She tends to either talk to adults/ much older kids and plays with little kids.