No great advice here, but I can identify with your DS. I actually remember similar feelings of frustration throughout most of my childhood. I have one particularly distinct memory (from around 4 years old) of being very frustrated with my father for not understanding what I was trying to tell him. My preschool reasoning went something like this - My dad is the smartest guy I know. Because he is smart, he should be able to understand me. If he does not understand me, he must not be trying hard enough.

Interestingly I recall not being frustrated with people who I did not classify as "smart". So maybe the frustration is actually a complement? wink

It didn't take me long to see that my own inability to present information was a major factor. As an adult, I still struggle with explaining my thoughts at times. There was a book I loved when I was young called Piggle that presented communication dilemmas in a "Who's on First?" manner. I really identified with it. Maybe your child would enjoy it?

Last edited by KathrynH; 04/04/14 10:45 AM.