DD8, 3rd grade, took the Explore test for the first time in February. One reason I had her take it was that after her testing for her school's G&T program, I wanted to try a test with a higher ceiling. Also, her Wechsler abbreviated IQ test score was above the DYS minimum. I also wondered whether these scores might help her get into DYS.

Her results were as follows:

English: __
Mathematics: __
Reading: __
Science: __
Composite: 18

We are completely new to the Explore test, and no "interpreting" information was included. I think that comes later from our talent search?

These appear to meet the minimum for 3rd grade. The funny thing is, I've always thought READING was her strongest subject!

I am wondering where to go from here. Do these scores merit showing them to her school? She is in her school's somewhat limited in focus, but decent, G&T program, but she will face retesting in a couple of years (as will all of the students) to keep a spot. I'd love to have something to back me up that she needs the program in the future. Also, I am constantly worried that she is not challenged in her other classes.

If I try to continue to prepare an application for DYS, is it better to try to get a complete IQ test done (she took the abbreviated earlier this year, so figuring out how to best get a full WISC is a tad tricky), or should I opt for a portfolio? DD does not love to write, but maybe she could read or talk about science for a video? If a portfolio is a better option, does anyone have any good suggestions for a portfolio?

Thanks for any insight or suggestions in advance!