Spoken with the freshness and anticipation of a parent at the beginning of the journey. laugh Yes, it can become rather bedraggling to keep up with a gifted kiddo. crazy

I believe your planning and careful consideration of the options will be very beneficial.

Well... I am definitely a parent of young children and have a lot to learn, but I was thinking more of the PTSA commitments, which are crazy no matter how average one's child is.

I'm not too worried about keeping up with our kids. Since we do enrichment activities every weekend just for the heck of it, and we're consummate nerds, I don't think they are under-stimulated. They have daily opportunities to do things like make music boxes, write short computer code, write their own plays using playbills from the theater, use one of several musical instruments lying around, or do math worksheets in exchange for breakfast cereals. I write my own phonetic crosswords based on household themes and Bob Books for the little one, which she fills in herself.

This isn't something we had to think up. This stuff is all there because it is hour our homes were when we were growing up. This summer they are going to several art, science, and sport camps and I think they will really like it. It's not because they are smart. It's because *I* think those camps are worth the money, haha, and I'm not going to just save $50/week to stick them in the YMCA. No matter how smart you are, I don't think your brain should be left to rot.

Edited to add: that sounds insulting to the YMCA, which I know strives to create stimulating, enriched programs for every child, and which has a lot of amazing, incredibly bright young employees and volunteers. I didn't mean the YMCA in particular. I just mean that the overall enriched lifestyle I provide, I'd do even if I knew my child had an IQ of 80, or 100, or 115, or 150.

Last edited by binip; 03/13/14 10:24 AM.