Pemberley, no direct experience here but two tiny thoughts for you - first, my youngest dd has an issue with associative memory (not the same as working memory - that's a-ok for her)... but anyway one of the accommodations suggested for her in math is the use of a calculator. Use of a calculator to check work was also an accommodation for my dysgraphic ds when he was younger (before all the kids were using calculators anyway in math). Also, fwiw, none of my kids really "mastered" their math facts until they were around 10 (or older) (and without any type of math challenge). I read (and believe) that for some kids, it helps to get past a certain developmental stage before things like math facts really click and become automatic. I realize that's advice for typical kids, but fwiw, I've found with my dysgraphic ds that some of the automaticity issues he struggled with tremendously in elementary school resolved (or became much better) once he went through puberty. It didn't mean he's no longer dysgraphic, just that there were gains made with that stage of maturing. So - what may be a huge struggle now may become easier with time. In the meantime, using a calculator and extended time should be a reasonable accommodation.

My older dd does not have dyscalculia, but fwiw, she has extremes in how she is able to grasp different types of math concepts - some are ridiculously easy, others are like running head on into a brick wall and require tons of repetition (as well as psychotherapy to just get her calmed down enough to think through the concept - kidding, but only by a small margin!). Spiral-curriculums are like pure torture for her because they give enough time on a subject for her to master it. OTOH, focusing on topics that come easier for her and doing extra repetition on them even though she doesn't need it helps her with confidence.

Sorry, that's probably not much help! I hope you're able to find useful info and apps for your dd!

polarbear