So recently I posted about iep violations and discrimination against my son here: http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....This_is_why_I_dream_of_O.html#Post183127

It's been an ongoing issue - for years now actually, starting in kindergarten. After things escalated pretty badly this past week between the principal and me again over this, the Special ED Director stepped in and met with my husband and me today. I don't trust her. However, she listened to us, believed us (allegedly), and says she wants to help us. One of the things she is going to do is organize a training of paraprofessionals and staff on hidden disabilities of dysgraphia and EDS. She said she will even put this in the iep and they are going to more fully train the staff on these type of disabilities and they will make sure the staff that works with DS must attend. They are also going to talk to the teachers about making sure they 'assign the scribe' instead of DS having to walk around going up to paras and asking them to scribe for him (which is leading to paras annoyingly replying "Seriously? You can't write this yourself?") And of course we are all working on getting as much AT as possible to help him on the road to independence.

Sounds good, right? Let's hope.

Just wondering if anyone has any insights... any advice on anything else to request while I got their attention?

DH and I are hopeful this will end a lot of the 'put-downs' and iep violations.

Last edited by Irena; 02/28/14 10:31 AM.