In today's entry, the lesson quiz asked them for something that was not covered in the textbook. Again.

Thank you, Lial and Hornsby, for at least providing authentic coverage of this material. Too bad the example in the actual class-assigned textbook is cut off due to a printing error. (Really, really, REALLY not kidding. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.)

She can't get the online textbook to even load for her, so that isn't a work-around.

Wow, Mom-- I can see why I have the best grade in the class if the online textbook won't even load.

No wonder my daughter doesn't think math is much FUN. sick

O-kayyyy... her class assessments are doing this BIZARRO thing where they are *not* fully simplifying equations upon conversion from polar to rectangular coordinate systems... so DD now has to remember that FOR THE CLASS, she has to effectively tack on this stupid "complete-the-square" notation step in order to get "the right answers."

Gaaaa.

Lial and Hornsby didn't seem to see any purpose in doing that. LOL. Of course, the examples in L&H were actually *complete*, too, which was helpful.

Good lord. Well, at least it only took an hour for me to figure out the work-around for today's instructional snafu.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.