To dee dee and polar bear. 504 is in the works. Here's basically what we are getting: extra time for tests/breaking up testing, fewer problems if he can't get work finished, emphasis on a good teacher child match, possible fidget toys and tactile toys.

Based on the schools academic sensory eval they sad his needs are primarily tactile/hand activities. No heavy work to be implemented.
Since he is working well independently and generally finishes his work, they don't wont do much.

He does have issues with instructions sometimes. He starts certain activities before instructions. Personally, it's the environment that causes the majority of issues. Yes, he has some attention issues. Yes, he gets frustrated. Yes, he starts prematurely. However remove the distraction, get him to look at you and give him directions he does fine. I suspect he could also have an auditory processing issue, but we can't test for another year. At home there are much fewer issues with work. He doesn't get up when he is doing homework. He can sit and paint or eat dinner and not leave his chair. Little squirmy but nothing ridiculous.

There is no alternative school. We have discussed moving to a neighboring district where classes are 20 and under. That would help with noise, distraction and give more time for one on one instruction.

I do think I will call the doc. For what it's worth he felt the first IQ test was wrong and was reflective of his choices. The doc feels his smarter than the scores an he's been super supportive.

I wish they would give him "projects" studying a science topic, constructing things while incorporating math and geometry, accelerated reading. Oh well. Maybe one day he can prove himself, maybe the time just hasn't come?