Originally Posted by hnz1979
How can such a bright child appear so average?

If it's 2E, no problem, happens all the time. The hard thing is getting anyone to see it.

I'm not pursuing anymore school anything at this point. The kindergarten is an awful building with horrible management, many problem staff and overcrowded classes. No physical activity all day due to weather and temps is a disaster for most small kids.

Can you go somewhere else?

However I am thinking about the meds and the comments by the staff.

I would never adjust a dosage on the basis of school staff comments alone, though I would take their data and observations to our prescribing doc and ask her opinion.

In class he isn't always in task at carpet time, but was 12 out of 15 intervals. He does talk too much and is out of his seat to throw away papers, get tissues, talk to teachers etc.
However since he works well independently and is learning very well so I am happy.

Does that include social learning? Can he self-direct to follow instructions?

I don't think I higher dose of the Quilivant is a good idea because we already see a reduced appetite an more frequent loser bowel movements.

Have you talked to the prescribing doc about these issues? There are lots of meds out there, and they all work slightly differently.

He can't get an IEP or any special sensory activities, and they have never implemented any heavy work activities.

If there is a need, they should be meeting the need. If the data show that any special accommodations are necessary, there should at least be a 504 plan.

Is there a nonstimulant that helps children with acute senses?

Ask your prescriber.

I checked into Brain Balance Centers and the integrated therapies but on top of a two hour drive it is $6500 a month.

No science behind what they promise; I'm skeptical.