Since the school meeting since Friday I have been suffering from anxiety and illness. How can such a bright child appear so average? I'm not pursuing anymore school anything at this point. The kindergarten is an awful building with horrible management, many problem staff and overcrowded classes. No physical activity all day due to weather and temps is a disaster for most small kids. I'm ready for the year to end.

However I am thinking about the meds and the comments by the staff. Ds is on Quilivant 4ml. We notice that on the meds he is calmer and his mood is improved. We even lessen the dose on weekends because, well, he doesn't need the larger dose. In class he isn't always in task at carpet time, but was 12 out of 15 intervals. He does talk too much and is out of his seat to throw away papers, get tissues, talk to teachers etc.
However since he works well independently and is learning very well so I am happy. I don't think I higher dose of the Quilivant is a good idea because we already see a reduced appetite an more frequent loser bowel movements. He can't get an IEP or any special sensory activities, and they have never implemented any heavy work activities. So should we add a med? Is there a nonstimulant that helps children with acute senses?

I checked into Brain Balance Centers and the integrated therapies but on top of a two hour drive it is $6500 a month. I'm beyond frustrated. The brain is too plastic for there not I be some therapy that could help this. Maybe not make it disappear, but could help!! I'm beginning to think resistance is futile.