When DD was around 33 months, I thought Montessori would be a good fit for her. Her father on the other hand was not all that convinced so I stayed home with DD this year and she did (too many) classes and lessons. I'm exhausted.

We are looking into a couple of 100% play-based programs for next year. DD was a very academically inclined child but she has changed somewhat recently. The old DD is still somewhere in there but she prefers to play these days and the only "schooling" type of activity she wants to do is music.

DD was probably ready for music lesson at 2.5. However, she wanted to stick to free play and would run away as soon as we tried to teach her so we outsourced music lessons to a professional when she finally said she was ready to learn music. Once her teacher got an overall picture of her cognitive development, lessons started moving much faster so much so that it seems to be going too fast to me but DD is forging ahead. I don't' want her to burn out so I'm trying to focus on enjoyment rather than progress. She gets wiggly then teary time to time but when she is focused, she looks and performs much "older" if that makes sense. Overall, I'm really happy that she is learning music.