I'm afraid my son will eventually feel pressured and stressed and lose the love of the game

This is a huge concern of ours as well, so I really sympathize.

After some hesitation about his first official tournament, my son is now gung-ho to enter more. He would probably want to go to Greece too (not that he is at this level!!), without knowing what that would mean.

However, he probably had a great time at the tournament in large part because he won all his games (well, he drew one but that was not officially counted--he played it with an older child who had no opponent in that round). I feel like he doesn't have any real idea what a big tournament and a lot of pressure would be like, and at his age he is still very innocent and might have a negative experience with older kids who might try to intimidate him (I don't mean with a good game). I have heard that this can happen. But your son has played a lot more than mine. Has he played older children, and would he in Greece? Has he had experience with losing, and losing badly? I want to see how my son does with this. I don't mean to sound like a sadist, but it's important to me to see how he handles this experience at his young age before we start putting money and time into more competition.

My husband loves that my son is good at something at a young age (I think he feels like he never was good at things so having a son who us is exciting to him).

This would concern me a little.