Oh yes, she doesn't understand why she can't make good grades.

I asked her the other day if she was upset over her math grade, and she told me "No. I'm not upset at all". I asked her why, and she said "I try and try and I can't do any better so I'm not going to worry about it anymore." She is giving up.

One thing I am very grateful for: thank God this is 2014 and people know about 2E. I can't imagine children 50 years ago who endured a lifetime of not understanding the nature of their difficulties.

I will say that she seems extremely grateful for this last testing; I watched her seem to grow a few inches when the psyD spoke to me about how bright she was. She was just...giddy and happy and relieved.

I really don't think sometimes that adults really think about how these bright, underperforming children must feel...I compare it to getting up and going to work everyday and being told that you are not up to par, being written up over and over again, never getting a raise or any recognition, and you CAN'T QUIT. Sounds pretty miserable, doesn't it?

Her math teacher told me "she gets the concepts", yet repeatedly fails tests due to "careless" errors.

Between poor written output, spelling difficulties, subtle reading "glitches", and failing grade in math, I'm strongly leaning towards stealth dyslexia as opposed to ADD (esp since meds didn't help and first psyD told me "Ive seen kids go from C students to A students overnight with meds.")

To top it off, DD13 is A/B student invited to Davidson talent search.

So yeah, DD11's frustration and hopelessness is palpable.

And as all of you no doubt know, it is wearing us all out. But I cannot leave her in an environment where she just can't succeed.

The psyD told me she is suspicious of dyslexia, but she had a lot of data to look at (11 hours of testing).

Drs. Eide posted some IQ/achievement test score patterns typical of stealth dyslexics, and DD11 fit them perfectly.

Now it's just 5 weeks of waiting...