Originally Posted by blackcat
It seems like they already did the eval they need to do then, they just have to get it together and put a plan into place. If the did the BRIEF and it showed what areas are impaired (working memory for instance), why would they need to do more evals?

Here is my gut, maybe irrational, emotional feeling: I think they WANT an ADHD dx and are pushing hard this year to get it. I know this is cliche parent-reaction and maybe I am just reacting poorly/misreading whatever. But I think they really want me to try meds (and maybe their hearts are really in the right place but we disagree). I think the teacher's talk in the lounge is that "[DS] doesn't need a scribe and writing accommodations - he needs ADHD drugs! His mom is all about writing accommodations and dysgraphia and his hypotonia(EDS); oh, and his 'giftedness' (eyeroll) but his real problem is that he is just an ADHD boy and needs some drugs." Last year, he only came up at risk for attention... This year, their goal is to make sure he is no longer "at risk" but clinically significant and then it's not their problem he has school issues (i.e., it's not because they aren't supporting his already identified disabilities, and it's not becasue he needs higher level material), it can be 'fixed' with some medicine.

Last edited by Irena; 01/08/14 10:26 AM.