Thanks so much all. And thank you Pemberly, great post - good reminder. The principal emailed back wanting to have a "meeting for me to hear the teacher's side" and contends that "that is only fair." He does this every time I complain about a teacher's disparaging comments or reluctance to give accommodations! I just want him to say "thanks I'll talk to said teacher and it won't happen again." But instead he turns it into this fiasco where I have to come in to meet and hear the teacher "defend herself." It's just a way to bully me into not complaining, I think. (btw, What happened was that ATP uses DS's advanced math teacher's classroom for ATP and so she happened to be in the class. When the substitute ATP teacher starting giving DS scribing accommodations b/c he was falling so far behind in his writing the math teacher admonished him from her desk telling him "the substitute teacher has to write for him because he can't follow along!") I told him I was confident he could handle it and he wrote a long email back saying he's not doing anything unless we all hear the teacher's side. So, I am not getting sucked in by this again this year. I forwarded it to my attorney. I hope she can write a letter and that should sort this out quickly. Such jerks.

Last edited by Irena; 01/07/14 05:27 AM.